Location: Marietta, GA
Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care, founded in 2016, is a fast-growing, early-stage company with more than 2,500 employees. Our purpose is simple: To provide high quality clinical home care to medically fragile children so they can grow and flourish to their full potential. We fulfill our purpose through our commitment to, passion for, and pride in ensuring the health and well-being of our patients and their families.
We are seeking a professional and driven Billing and Collections Specialist to join our growing company.
Duties include: timely and accurate electronic transmission and submission of claims and prompt and accurate resolution of outstanding invoices through cash collections or adjustments. Experience with home health billing is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will work with payors to build strong relationships so that, as claims issues arise, they can work together to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Working knowledge of HCPC coding, Excel, and medical terminology
* Excellent phone communication skills
* Background in medical terminology
* Must work well as a team player and independently
* Good problem solving skills
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to function as a polite and cooperative team member
* Must pass background check process including drug test and reference checks
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
* Transmission of claims and creation of secondary claims in a timely and accurate manner
* Extensive phone work to build and cultivate relationships with payors and create a rapport that facilitates expedient claim resolution
* Regular and persistent follow up on outstanding Accounts Receivable
* Monitoring and resolving payor or electronic transmission rejections
* Researching denials and completing adjustments accurately and in a timely manner; verifying that payments received are correct
* Following up on collections and appeals in an efficient and timely manner
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Excellent attention to detail and willingness and ability to quickly understand the services offered by Thrive
* Understanding of and adherence to all legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding patient and company confidentiality (HIPAA)
* Proven ability and willingness to deliver exceptional customer service to clients and payers
* Positive, courteous, respectful, and helpful attitude toward clients, co-workers, and management team
About Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care
Thrive team members work in a rewarding, supportive, and values-driven environment that offers a competitive compensation structure, a full suite of benefits (medical, dental, life, 401k, and a generous paid time off plan), and best-in-class development programs designed to advance their careers. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in pediatric home health care.
For more information about Thrive, visit our website at www.thrivespc.com